Palo Alto’s Main Post Office located on 380 Hamilton Ave Palo Alto, CA 94301 was originally built between 1932-1933 during the Great Depression. The property has a thriving Dawn Redwood tree that was planted in 1949. The Palo Alto Post Office is on the National Register of Historic Places of the United States Department of the Interior.
The Palo Alto Post Office was completely restored and transformed by using safe lead abatement procedures, and extensive prep work. Sunwest Painting was able to restore this establishment to its former glory.
A mural of a child fishing was left untouched as well as original wood beams that are in excellent condition. The paint colors that were chosen were a match of the original establishment to preserve the aesthetic of the Spanish Colonial Revival architectural style.
This post office features a low-pitched roof with red roof tiles, and old-world stucco finish, rounded arches, bronze door frames, bronze transoms, and decorative railings.
The cross streets where the post office is situated get frequent foot traffic, and this building will be admired and most importantly, last a long time. In fact, during the project, many pedestrians and patrons of the post office would thank team members for restoring their beloved post office.